Below, you’ll find hand-picked, positive, motivating quotes about making power moves in your life.
They will inspire you to achieve your dreams, pursue them with passion, and succeed against all odds. The move can be a literal big decision like relocating across the country or figurative like changing your career. It doesn’t matter if you’re an artist, a writer, a businessperson, an athlete, or you still don’t know what you want to do with your life. Embrace these words of wisdom, and decide to go all-in on what you’re after. Fortune favors the brave, my friend. You can get whatever you want from life, as long as you’re willing to make power moves to achieve it. Follow the advice from the luminaries quoted below, and you’re on your way to overcoming any obstacle and getting yours, no matter what.
Here are the best quotes about making moves in your life:
1. “You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself in any direction you choose. You’re on your own. And you know what you know. And you are the one who’ll decide where to go.” – Dr. Seuss, beloved author of children’s books
2. “There’s only one place I want to go and it’s to all the places I’ve never been.” – Nikki Rowe, author of Once a Girl, Now a Woman
3. “You must take action now that will move you towards your goals. Develop a sense of urgency in your life.” – H. Jackson Brown, Jr., author of inspirational books
4. “Life is a game board. Time is your opponent. If you procrastinate, you will lose the game. You must make a move to be victorious.”- Napoleon Hill, bestselling author of self-help books
5. “Stay far from timid only make moves when your heart’s in it, and live the phrase the sky’s the limit.”- The Notorious B.I.G., rapper, songwriter, and actor
6. “You need to have faith in yourself. Be brave and take risks. You don’t have to have it all figured out to move forward.” – Roy T. Bennett, author of The Light in the Heart
7. “I gotta make a move, I gotta do this now If they don’t know your dreams, they can’t shoot ’em down.” – J. Cole, rapper, singer, and songwriter
8. “You cannot expect to achieve new goals or move beyond your present circumstances unless you change.” – Les Brown, author & motivational speaker
9. “March on. Do not tarry. To go forward is to move toward perfection. March on, and fear not the thorns, or the sharp stones on life’s path.” – Khalil Gibran, writer, poet & visual artist
10. “With drive and a bit of talent, you can move mountains. I know. I’ve done it.” – Dwayne Johnson, actor & entrepreneur
11. “Days are expensive. When you spend a day you have one less day to spend. So make sure you spend each one wisely.” – Jim Rohn, author, entrepreneur, & motivational speaker
12. “I can barely walk, but it’s a privilege to be able to move at all.” – Billy Graham, minister & evangelist
13. “Let him that would move the world move first.” – Socrates, classical Greek philosopher
14. “As kids, we didn’t complain about being poor; we talked about how rich we were going to be and made moves to get the lifestyle we aspired to by any means we could. And as soon as we had a little money, we were eager to show it.” – Jay-Z, rapper, songwriter, entrepreneur, and record executive
15. “Working with great people makes you great; you learn a lot and it also gives you the experience and confidence to move on with your career.” – Nas, rapper, songwriter, and entrepreneur
16. “Dream no small dreams for they have no power to move the hearts of men.” – Johann Wolfgang von Goethe, writer, and statesman
17. “We got turned down, we failed, had setbacks, and had to start over a lot of times. But we kept going at it. In anybody’s case, that’s always the distinguishing factor.” – Nipsey Hussle, rapper, entrepreneur, & activist
18. “I want the finer things in my life, so I hustle.” – 50 Cent, rapper, actor, songwriter, & entrepreneur
19. “We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things because we’re curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths.” – Walt Disney, entrepreneur, animator, voice actor, producer
20. “Don’t join an easy crowd; you won’t grow. Go where the expectations and the demands to perform are high.” – Jim Rohn, author, entrepreneur, & motivational speaker
21. “Move forward with purpose.” – Sherrilyn Kenyon, bestselling author of Dark Hunter series
22. “The only way to make sense out of change is to plunge into it, move with it, and join the dance.” – Alan Watts, writer
23. “Knowing how the environment is pulling your strings and playing you is critical to making responsive rather than reactive moves.” – Ronald A. Heifetz, author, and lecturer
24. “Move out of your comfort zone. You can only grow if you are willing to feel awkward and uncomfortable when you try something new.” – Brian Tracy, author, and motivational speaker
25. “Life is like a bicycle. To keep your balance you must keep moving.” – Albert Einstein, physicist, and Nobel Prize winner
26. “Don’t mention your move before you make a move.” – Amit Kalantri, author and mentalist
27. “I should have been bolder and kissed her at the end. I should have been more cautious. I had talked too much. I had said too little.” – Patrick Rothfuss, epic fantasy writer
28. “If your world doesn’t allow you to dream, move to one where you can.” – Billy Idol, singer, songwriter, & actor
29. “The only thing a person can ever really do is keep moving forward. Take that big leap forward without hesitation, without once looking back. Simply forget the past and forge toward the future.” – Alyson Noel, young adult fiction author
30. “If you want to win a great victory on any matter, make your move unexpectedly!” – Mehmet Murat Ildan, author
31. “If a castle gets destroyed, you just build a new one. If you wanted me to, I’d build them over and over. Let’s build them together.” – Fuyumi Soryo, manga artist
32. “Rehashing the past wouldn’t change anything. Time to move forward.” – Zena Wynn, romance and sci-fi books author
Related content: 66 Best Movie Villain Quotes Of All Time
Do you feel inspired to take action and make moves in your life?
I know I do. Sometimes you need a healthy kick of inspiration to get you going. But once you’re on the right path, stay on that path and do whatever it takes. If you truly embrace the quotes listed above, you will start looking at your life differently. Now it’s not a game of “if”, but of “when.” So start making power moves and show them what you’ve got. Next up, you may want to check some top tips on how to stay motivated and work harder.
Free online course: Join my 60-minute AI writing course and learn the skills necessary to thrive as a writer in the digital era.
Hey there, welcome to my blog! I'm a full-time blogger, educator, digital marketer, freelance writer, editor, and content manager with 10+ years of experience. I started RafalReyzer.com to provide you with great tools and strategies you can use to become a proficient writer and achieve freedom through online creativity. My site is a one-stop shop for freelance writers, bloggers, publishers, and content enthusiasts who want to be independent, earn more money, and create beautiful things. Dive into my journey here, and don't miss out on my free 60-minute AI writing online course.