Online courses, universities, nano degrees, certifications, and corporate upskilling are in vogue.
Writing tablets for teachers serves as an invaluable tool in this environment, allowing educators, coaches, trainers, and instructors to deliver their content in a fresh format.
If you want to enliven your learning environment, explore the following list of the top writing tablets available right now.
Why would you need a writing tablet, you ask?
Imagine you’re a math teacher, and you need to solve an algorithm problem that involves multiple steps. How time-consuming and confusing would it be if you had to explain it over a call with nothing on the screen?
This is where the writing tablet enters. With a tab, you can easily use a digital pen to solve the problem and explain all the steps to your students with visuals. Online teaching becomes so much easier and faster with a writing tab.
You can also record sessions using a webcam on Zoom while you’re writing on the tab and the same will display on your laptop screen.
Tabs weigh less than laptops, have built-in cameras, and work with most stylus pens. Some even come with a keyboard case option.
Several learning/collaboration apps and websites on tabs benefit both students and teachers. Now that I’ve mentioned why you need one, let’s dive into our major topic.
8 Best Writing Tablets for Teachers:
1. Apple iPad Pro
If you own other Apple products, you wouldn’t want to miss this revolutionary product. This tab has a name of its own: the “iPad”. Available in various versions, this 2020 4th generation Apple iPad Pro is one of its kind.
- Available in both Wi-Fi and Wi-Fi + Cellular models.
- It has a 12.9-inch edge-to-edge Liquid Retina display with ProMotion, True Tone, and P3 wide color.
- A12Z Bionic chip with Neural Engine.
- It comes with a 12MP Wide camera, and 10MP UltraWide camera, and has a LiDAR Scanner. It also has a 7MP front camera (TrueDepth).
- For security and privacy, there is a face ID feature available.
- It has 4 speaker audio and 5 studio-quality microphones.
- The iPad supports a magic keyboard, apple pencil, and smart keyboard folio.
2. Wacom Intuos
This drawing tablet by Wacom gives the feel of a notebook or sketchpad. If you’re a physics or math tutor, you’re going to love this. This tab has equally distanced dots that make spatial orientation very easy. This product is widely used by graphic artists around the world.
- It has 4096 Levels of pressure sensitivity. This enhances control and precision when drawing/painting, and photo-editing in many software programs.
- It offers easy plug-in via USB-A: some devices require USB-C or OTG adapters.
- The tab has a small compact size (7.8” x 6.3”) with a large active area (6.0” x 3.7”) and is perfect for limited desktop areas.
- It has four customizable ExpressKeys that set your most-loved shortcuts like undo or copy/paste at your fingertips when used with your Mac/PC.
3. Samsung Galaxy Tab S7 with S pen
If you are in love with Android, this tab is the best one for you. Noting down on the tab with the S Pen feels like you’re writing on paper. If you’re on a tight budget, this will prove to be a reasonable investment.
- With a 12.4-inch display, the big screen ensures a big experience.
- Available in 4 distinct colors – Mystic Black, Mystic Green, Mystic Silver, or Mystic Pink.
- With the S-pen that comes along with the box; you can take notes, sketch an idea, or doodle. It feels like paper!
4. XP Pen
Out of all the best writing tablets for teachers, the XP Pen is the most budget-friendly and easy-to-use writing tablet. It is super thin and highly portable. It supports Microsoft Office Suite, Adobe Suite, and many other software and apps.
- An alternative to the traditional mouse, the StarG640 drawing tablet has an advanced battery-free PN01 stylus.
- The huge surface area allows you to digitally draw, paint, sketch, E-Sign, teach online, and edit photos, easily.
- It is only 2mm thick and compact, making it highly portable.
- Compatible with Chromebook devices, Mac 10.10+, Chrome OS88+, and Windows 11/10/8/7.
5. Amazon Fire 7
The Amazon Fire 7 is an affordable tablet with a super durable build. As an Amazon product, it is compatible with various apps for Kindle including Netflix, Hulu, Facebook, Instagram, TikTok, and more.
- The Lockscreen Ads feature allows the displaying of sponsored screensavers on the lock screen of the device.
- It has a 7 inches IPS display with 16/32 GB internal storage; 1GB RAM.
- Has a fast 1.3 GHz quad-core processor.
- You can easily check emails, video-call others, modify shopping lists, and set up reminders to help you to stay on track.
- Comes with a 90-day warranty.
6. Microsoft Surface Pro 7
This is a new tab + laptop combo option for teachers! It comes with a pen, making it easy for educators to write notes on the tab while recording simultaneously. The best thing is its ability to transform into a fully functional laptop.
- It has a 10th Generation Intel Core processor making it powerful to fuel your ideas.
- Has improved graphics, and comes with multitasking speed, powerful Wi-Fi performance, and long battery life.
- Offers USB type-C and type-A ports so you can connect to displays and dock stations, and charge accessories easily.
- It is ultra-slim and light at 1.70 lbs.
7. Lenovo Smart Tab M8
If you’re looking for a writing tab with long battery life, choose the Lenovo Smart tab M8. It has a compact design and falls under the affordable category.
- With a 5000 mAh battery, you can browse and use this all day without the hassle of constant recharging.
- This powerful Android tablet has a stylish design and comes with an 8 inches display.
- Powered by a Quad-Core, 2.0 GHz processor, and Android 9 Pie, the tab offers impressive performance.
- Has front and rear cameras and a built-in Bluetooth 5.0. It supports Wi-Fi 802.11 technologies (a, b, g, n, and ac).
8. HP 2-in-1 Chromebook
This is a hybrid choice for all the teachers looking for the best writing tablets. Owing to this Chromebook’s versatility, I’d recommend this for use as a writing tablet.
- Comes with a 12.3 inches detachable display with a 2400×1600 display.
- It can easily attach to a leather texture keyboard that has a trackpad and comes with the HP Active Pen stylus.
- The Chromebook has a 7th Gen Intel Core M-7Y30 processor.
- It has 4GB memory and 32GB eMMC flash memory.
You may not find the best writing tablets for teachers if you think you’ll get a “one size fits all” product.
You need to prioritize and think of the features you need the most. Is it a big screen, battery backup, camera, price, or something else?
A writing tab comes with a host of benefits. This includes organizing files, enhancing students’ creative skills, and streamlining class record-keeping. I wish you all the best in making your purchase.
Free resource: Download your free PDF and learn about the top tools used by freelance writers.Download here